About Bitcoin UtopiaBitcoin Utopia is a commercial platform for crowd-donations that uses Internet-connected computers to mine cryptocurrencies for incentive awards and science projects. The other purpose of mining is to secure cryptocurrency transactions against reversal. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer. The fee since the late evening of 26th of October, 2014, is 10% (meaning that 90% of the cryptocurrencies will go to campaigns and 10% go to Bitcoin Utopia.) Please, also read this FAQ.
Bitcoin Utopia is located in Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Campaign #1 (Aquaponics setup) Finished
- Campaign #2 (HopeGames – Values eMentoring Project) Finished
- Campaign #3 (MilkyWay@home - Part 1) Finished
- Campaign #3 (MilkyWay@home - Part 2) 6% 11482 Mhash/s (multipool.us, Scrypt), 0 Thash/s (multipool.us, SHA-256), 5.78 Thash/s (btcguild.com, SHA-256)
- Campaign #4 (The Economic Viability of Mars Colonization publishing in Bulgarian) 49% 9850 Mhash/s (multipool.us, Scrypt), 0 Thash/s (multipool.us, SHA-256), 3.2 Thash/s (btcguild.com, SHA-256)
- Campaign #5 (SETI@home Annual Fund Drive) 23% 18228 Mhash/s (multipool.us, Scrypt), 0 Thash/s (multipool.us, SHA-256), 9.46 Thash/s (btcguild.com, SHA-256)
- Campaign #6 (Replacement RAID controller for BOINCstats webserver) Finished
- Bitcoin Utopia
- Q: Is this legal/illegal?
- Q: Can I get Bitcoins when I crunch this project?
- Q: Virus scanner says your project has a virus. Does it?
- Q: I read somewhere that the hash rate should be megahashes per second (Mhash/s), but I'm getting kilohashes per second (khash/s). What is wrong with my computer?
- Q: How about the taxes?
- Q: Where can I find the latest version of BOINC (the beta version)?
- applications overview - applications, shares length, recommended ASICs, timelimit, app name for app_info/app_config file
- app_config.xml - limitation to only 1 WU
- app_info.xml - for overclocking your ASIC miner
- know supported ASICs - needed hardware to run cgminer apps
- How to install an ASIC miner (USB) - installation guide with an USB device
- How to run the new asic plan_class? installation guide with BOINC 7.4.12
Join Bitcoin Utopia
- Read our rules and policies
- This project uses BOINC. If you're already running BOINC, select Add Project. If not, download BOINC.
- When prompted, enter
- If you're running a command-line version of BOINC, create an account first.
- If you have any problems, get help here.
- Your account - view stats, modify preferences
- Server status
- Teams - create or join a team